At Wey Kayak Club, we take our responsibilities for protecting your personal data very seriously.
Your personal data – what is it? Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)].
Who are we? Wey Kayak Club is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data? Wey Kayak Club complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you electronic/paper communications on topics that you have requested;
- To invite you to meetings and other gatherings that you may be interested in either as a result of being a member of Wey Kayak Club or having expressed interest in this;
- As above but because you may be a provider of information/data on such topics or may be interested in collaborating with us for a shared purpose;
- To maintain membership records as appropriate.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data? We rely on Explicit consent of the subject. Your data is freely given to us for the specific purposes outlined in each relevant consent form.
Sharing your personal data. Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only within Wey Kayak Club. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data? We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the following purposes and use the following criteria to determine how long to retain your personal:
- As long as you remain a member of Wey Kayak Club (12 months of departure)
- As long as you have signed up for any of our communications (12 months of departure)
- As long as we reasonably believe that you operate within a shared area of interest and that you have not explicitly told us that you do not wish to collaborate.
Your rights and your personal data. Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Wey Kayak Club holds about you;
- The right to request that Wey Kayak Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wey Kayak Club to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Further processing. If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Membership Secretary at Wey Kayak Club, Guildford Waterside Centre, Riverside, Guildford GU1 1LW.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.